Until recently, I lived in Washington, DC with inspiring historic neighborhoods, big trees, and beautiful gardens to balance the hustle & bustle of city noise, traffic, and the stress of living in a political city. I spent over 12 years managing educational programs and industry projects for trade association members and dashing from work to my yoga mat at every opportunity. I love affectionate animals, all kinds of music (and singing when I think nobody can hear me!), the smell of freshly roasted coffee, the taste of peppermint tea, experimenting in the kitchen, paddle boarding, hiking and adventuring with loved ones. My next adventure will bring me to Auckland and I'm thrilled!
I completed my 200 hour yoga teacher training in December 2013 and am currently enrolled in a 500-hour teacher training at Tranquil Space. I am registered with Yoga Alliance (RYT-200), insured, and trained in first aid.
My yoga interests include mindfulness, yoga and meditation, chair yoga and slower-paced vinyasa classes in which students can experience the pose from the inside out and tune into the breath as the inner teacher.
A little trivia about me
- Favorite part of yoga? The nearly instantaneous reminder of ‘here I am’ and who I am when I arrive on my mat. It always surprises me how powerful it is to ‘just’ show up.
- Where did you grow up? I was born in Washington, DC and grew up on Capitol Hill and in Arlington.
- What are your top 3 hobbies? Does yoga count? In the summer, weekend weeding, I mean gardening, singing in the kitchen and practicing my guitar. In the winter, I read instead of weed!
- Favorite book? The Sleep Book by Dr. Seuss
- Favorite piece of art? "Cafe Terrace at Night" by Van Gogh
- What inspires you? Music – the lyrics, the beat, the harmony
- Favorite quote/ favorite song? "There is freedom within, there is freedom without, try and catch the deluge in a paper cup."- Crowded House
- What is your dream vacation? African Safari / Kilamanjaro
- If you could be one animal, what would you be and why? I would be a bird. I could sing and soar….what could be more freeing?